#1 Lawyer Network
Khaitan & Co advised CK Birla Group companies (ie AVTEC Limited and Hindustan Motor Finance Corporation Limited) in relation to two joint ventures with Peugeot Citroen Automobiles SA for the manufacture of powertrains and vehicles in India.
AVTEC is one of the largest independent manufacturers of powertrain and precision-engineered products in India. It is a part of CK Birla Group – a leading global business house, with over 20,000 employees and a combined turnover of $1.6bn.
The Core Corporate team included Haigreve Khaitan (Partner), Bharat Anand (Partner), Kaushalya Shetty (Principal Associate), Sarthak Sarin (Senior Associate), Prakhar Bhardwaj (Associate), Satish Padhi (Associate), Divya Gupta (Associate) and Bharat Gupta (Associate) with assistance from:
- Direct Tax aspects: Sanjay Sanghvi (Partner), Ritu Shaktawat (Principal Associate) and Surajkumar Shetty (Senior Associate)
- Restructuring Law aspects: Ashwin Bishnoi (Partner) and Diwakar Maheshwari (Partner)
- Employment aspects: Anshul Prakash (Associate Partner)
- Indirect Tax aspects: Kabir Bogra (Associate Partner), Ayush A. Mehrotra (Principal Associate) and Tushaar Talwaar (Associate)
- Intellectual Property aspects: Shailendra Bhandare (Counsel)
The post Khaitan advises CK Birla companies on JVs appeared first on The Lawyer | Legal News and Jobs | Advancing the business of law.
#1 Lawyers Search Engine